Monday 21 May 2007

Bill Blog - Off Again Defending WiFi

Hey Bill,

Are you off on another rant to defend WiFi?

That dihydrogen monoxide sounds bad - why don't you campaign against if you believe it is so dangerous?

Then you could leave us to campaign against what we believe is so dangerous - wireless.

I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't reply to me about my complaint to the BBC about your previous article -

you obviously didn't read the evidence and links that I sent you.

I know what, why not answer it now? - ( the links work at my version )

EVIDENCE - check
MECHANISM - check

Let's not leave it so late that we're counting the body bags for WiFi etc. as you obviously are for DHMO...

Good old Guardian - The old physicists' inverse square law - it doesn't matter if the small amounts getting through are harmful over time - Paddy Regan, University of Surrey - never heard of him.

BBC Online - you can rely on them too - "Not Proven" says Prof. Challis - "Not Proven" also extends to the risks of smoking, yet the risks are now widely accepted and smoking bans are coming into force...

By the way, I'll soon be meeting up with an ex-colleague of mine who is electrosensitive (not so much to TV and radio - different frequencies and wave forms, apparently). He said "If you fancy a beer in a quiet DECT/dimmer free pub somewhere not too far away I'd be up for it."

Isn't it sad that he has problems going out - and you don't care.

I spoke to an electrosensitive lady last week - she told me "My problems began several months ago when my neighbours directly through the wall installed wireless broadband. It nearly drove me crazy as I am electrosensitive." ... [usual list of many EHS symptoms including rapid and irregular heart beat, headaches, burning on legs, sleeplessness, loud ringing in her ears, feeling suicidal etc.] ... "Most of these symptoms clear up when away from the house. During a 10 day trip away in March I felt completely relaxed and normal and symptoms came back on my return. When in the house for prolonged periods I feel like I'm going to die and would welcome that as I would be released from this torture." ... "I sleep in the car as it's the only place I can get a decent nights sleep. I feel much better if I sleep in the car than if I sleep in the house. The neighbours are aware of the situation but do not seem to care."

And you don't care. But then she isn't in a body bag yet, is she?

Martin Sharp

No comments: